SPRING CLEANSE - CLEAN BODY, CLEAR MIND with HEATHER ZIMMERMAN
APRIL 1 - MAY 1
Classes: April 3, 10, 17, 24 + May 1
Time: Weds, 4:00-4:50 pm + 5:00-6:00 pm
"Rejuvenation must take place on the physical, mental and spiritual levels. Before starting the physical rejuvenation program the body must be cleansed. Just as a dirty cloth will not take the right color when it is dyed, so the body will not profit from rejuvenation until it has first been cleaned from inside”. - Dr. Vasant Lad.
Peel away the layers of the damp, cold winter months and join Heather in a revitalizing Spring Cleanse. Benefit from weekly, gradual offerings in the areas of time tested Ayurvedic daily routines, detoxification, mind heath including electronic cleansing and meditation. Meet as a collective group each Wednesday to help share and reinforce each other's successes, overcome challenges and inspire the group as a whole.
Cleansing is not about starving. Over the course of the month, we will explore daily practices, recommend removal of foods that are creating an imbalance in the body and addition of whole, healthy foods to your diet. We will experiment with decreasing screen time and adding in asana, meditation and pranayama to clear not just the body, but also the mind.
Students will understand their habitual tendencies as well as how to understand when the body is out of balance. With the knowledge gained from our weekly gatherings, you will be more equipped to choose food, media, asana, and daily routine practices that support the body and mind.
4:00-4:50 pm (check-in time)
Heather will provide support time for the collective group to reinforce each others successes, overcome challenges, and inspire each other as a whole. Additionally, please email Heather at to schedule your individual 15 min. consultation within this block of time.
5:00-6:00 pm (lecture/practice)
Come prepared to practice and discuss your experience. Bring a notebook + pen. All levels welcome, pre-registration required.
WITH THIS CLEANSE, YOU WILL...
• More deeply understand you unique Dosha, what it takes to find balance and how to detect imbalance
• Detox the body from stored up toxins accumulated from the winter months, poor eating habits, prolonged screen time and unhealthy thought patterns
• Learn how to eat the right foods for your body’s unique needs, which may be different from friends and family
• Heal the body from the inside out with foods that nurture and support your digestive system
• Improve skin tone
• Enjoy longer-sustained energy
• Learn how to integrate daily Ayurvedic routines to support the body and mind as well as offer self-healing and care
• Relieve stress, anxiety, tension, and depression
• Learn simple and helpful pranayama and meditation techniques to enhance your month long cleanse experience
• Take time to detox from screens, getting more into the body, the present moment and healthier relationship to screens
• Deepen your yoga practice
WHO SHOULD JOIN THE CLEANSE?
• Those interested in...
• learning more about Ayurveda and how it can heal from the inside out
• yoga and want to know more about it’s sister science, Ayurveda
• Those wanting to deepen their understating around healing their minds and bodies in alignment with nature
• Those who want more clear instruction on how to eat for their body’s unique needs
• Those who need a detox from excess sugar, caffeine, fried foods, binge eating, carbohydrates, processed meats and
desire a support system to help them do so
• Those who are ready to take the next step toward healing and self-care
$129 by March 22; $149 by March 30
Community discounts offered in-person off full price.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE COST?
• Cleanse Kit (tongue scraper, nedi-pot and Kitchari Spice Mix)
• Five 1-hr classes every Weds 5-6 pm
• One 15 min. Ayurvedic consultation
• Ayurvedic Workbook to include:
• Dosha Type
• Weekly information on daily practices, why we do them and the science behind them
• Customize lists of “do’s and don't’s”
• Right food choices to aid with imbalances
• Offerings for meditation challenges and pranayama
• Weekly trackers and goal setting handouts
• List of resources provided for inspiration and information
• Articles linked to Yoga Source Blog
Prerequisite: This is an ALL LEVELS class - no previous experience required.
Due to the nature of this series class, there are no make-ups.
Cancellations: Refunds issued before 3/22. No refunds after 3/29. A one time $15 cancellation fee will be charged.
Note: Come ready to practice, bring mat, notebook & pen.