YOGAWORKS 200-HR TEACHER TRAINING
with ASHLEY RIDEAUX + KIM FISCH
Deepen your practice
We adhere to the belief that the basis of all good yoga teaching is the teacher's own practice. For 6 years, we offered our own Yoga Source 200-hr and 500-hr Teacher Training programs. In 2008, we partnered with Yogaworks in Los Angeles, to offer our community one of the world’s most comprehensive teacher training programs. Yogaworks mission is to provide each yoga teacher with the foundation to teach skillfully with compassion, safety, and integrity. Together, we uphold high standards of quality education and individuality.
If you are…
• a serious student of yoga
teacher training can be a phenomenal way to develop a deeper understanding of your own body, make your own intelligent adjustments, and guide your own practice.
• an aspiring teacher
wishing to share yoga with others. yogaworks’ program focuses on proper alignment, allowing you to teach your students how to stay healthy, mindful and safe in their practice.
• making a career switch
Yogaworks’ 25 years of experience in yoga education will allow students to build the right foundation for a new career. Yogaworks is also the most widely known and respected names in yoga teacher training and will give students credibility they cannot find elsewhere.
• wishing to become a better teacher
by learning Yogaworks’ method for properly structuring any style of class, you can focus more on developing your voice as a teacher and building a connection to your students. You will also learn how to give safe, effective adjustments for individual needs.
2019 marks our 12th year of offering Yogaworks training programs!
Read more about our teaching staff educated in the yogaworks method:
Patricia Bruce, Heather Cauley, Michael Evans, Lynne Headley, Paula Millar, Yaco Murphy, Tia Platte, and Diana Stoen.
Why Yogaworks 200-hr Teacher Training?
Take your love of yoga to the next level
This foundational program will advance your practice, acquaint you with the many layers of yoga, build your confidence and help you find your voice. If you aspire to teach, you're in good company: since the start of the Yogaworks training school in 1990, Yogaworks alumni have gone on to become some of the world's most renowned yoga leaders. We want you to master the fundamentals, so completing this program will mark the beginning of your successful career as a yoga teacher.
The Yogaworks 200-hr Teacher Training curriculum includes:
• advanced study of asana (proper alignment, benefits and potential risks)
• principles of anatomy
• science and art of sequencing
• hands-on adjustments
• how to observe bodies
• informed use of props to improve or modify a posture
• cultivating your voice
• confidence-building through practice teaching
• yoga history and philosophy
• sanskrit names of postures
• the business of yoga
What makes Yogaworks Teacher Training unique?
• Lineage & experience: We've refined our comprehensive curriculum over 25 years.
• Intelligent sequencing: learn the art and science of designing and delivering a safe, dynamic class.
• Learn to truly teach: our program isn't about memorizing and reciting sequences. Instead an emphasis is placed on teaching principles for clearly instructing students bodies into alignment.
• Find yourself: we give you the space and opportunity to find your own teaching style.
• Global recognition: with a legacy that includes today's yoga leaders and over 10,000 alumni, yogaworks teacher training is respected worldwide.
• Yoga Alliance 5 star rating
Minimum of one year of a consistent yoga practice or equivalent training. Teacher recommendation form required with application. Download below.
Stay tuned for Fall 2020 dates...to be announced by July 1st!
• Fridays 4:00 pm – 8:00 pm
• Saturdays 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
• Sundays 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
MEET THE TRAINER INFO SESSION with KIM FISCH
Dates - TBA
Our annual event is the perfect way to find out more about what makes the YogaWorks method and Teacher Training the gold standard for yoga in the US and beyond! This complimentary session begins with an hour-long practice taught in the Yogaworks method followed by a Q+A session with Co-trainer, Kim Fisch and Teacher Training Director, Tia Platte. It is highly recommended for students considering our teacher training, as well as serious students of yoga who are curious as to what taking a teacher training involves and how to take their practice to the next level.
"IN-TRAINING INTERN" (ITI) SCHOLARSHIP
YogaWorks and Yoga Source offers 1 need-based scholarship for each 200-hour Teacher Training. This scholarship is open to all
of the Yoga Source staff and the general public. Those who are awarded the scholarship will receive a 50% discount off the full price of the course and will be required to intern 50-75 hours during the course of the training program.
Your tuition is due within one week of acceptance into this role. The work exchange consists of completing the following responsibilities performed during the course of your training. Duties include but are not limited to:
trainer transportation, taking daily attendance, homework recording, studio maintenance, and assisting with in-training logistical duties.
Deadline to apply: TBA
Email Yoga Source to request an application at .
$3200 if paid in full by TBA
$3400 if paid in full by TBA
$3600 if paid in full by TBA
• Tuition must be paid in full by the early registration date to receive the discounted rate.
• Payment plans available off the full price plus a $50 admin fee (50% of tuition must received one week before start date). Contact Yogaworks for more details.
• "In-Training Intern" (ITI) Scholarship deadline Aug 1, 2019. Email Yoga Source to request an application at .
• Late application deadline: September 9, 2019
• Prerequisite: Minimum of one year of a consistent yoga practice or equivalent training.
Gabby Blanquiz, Yoga Source Manager