YOGAWORKS 200-HR TEACHER TRAINING
Deepen your practice
We adhere to the belief that the basis of all good yoga teaching is the teacher's own practice. For 6 years, we offered our own Yoga Source 200-hr and 500-hr Teacher Training programs. In 2008, we partnered with Yogaworks in Los Angeles, to offer our community one of the world’s most comprehensive teacher training programs. Yogaworks mission is to provide each yoga teacher with the foundation to teach skillfully with compassion, safety, and integrity. Together, we uphold high standards of quality education and individuality.
If you are…
• a serious student of yoga
teacher training can be a phenomenal way to develop a deeper understanding of your own body, make your own intelligent adjustments, and guide your own practice.
• an aspiring teacher
wishing to share yoga with others. yogaworks’ program focuses on proper alignment, allowing you to teach your students how to stay healthy, mindful and safe in their practice.
• making a career switch
Yogaworks’ 25 years of experience in yoga education will allow students to build the right foundation for a new career. Yogaworks is also the most widely known and respected names in yoga teacher training and will give students credibility they cannot find elsewhere.
• wishing to become a better teacher
by learning Yogaworks’ method for properly structuring any style of class, you can focus more on developing your voice as a teacher and building a connection to your students. You will also learn how to give safe, effective adjustments for individual needs.
2019 marks our 12th year of offering Yogaworks training programs!
Read more about our teaching staff educated in the yogaworks method:
Patricia Bruce, Heather Cauley, Michael Evans, Lynne Headley, Paula Millar, Yaco Murphy, Tia Platte, and Diana Stoen.
Why Yogaworks 200-hr Teacher Training?
Take your love of yoga to the next level
This foundational program will advance your practice, acquaint you with the many layers of yoga, build your confidence and help you find your voice. If you aspire to teach, you're in good company: since the start of the Yogaworks training school in 1990, Yogaworks alumni have gone on to become some of the world's most renowned yoga leaders. We want you to master the fundamentals, so completing this program will mark the beginning of your successful career as a yoga teacher.
The Yogaworks 200-hr Teacher Training curriculum includes:
• advanced study of asana (proper alignment, benefits and potential risks)
• principles of anatomy
• science and art of sequencing
• hands-on adjustments
• how to observe bodies
• informed use of props to improve or modify a posture
• cultivating your voice
• confidence-building through practice teaching
• yoga history and philosophy
• sanskrit names of postures
• the business of yoga
What makes Yogaworks Teacher Training unique?
• Lineage & experience: We've refined our comprehensive curriculum over 25 years.
• Intelligent sequencing: learn the art and science of designing and delivering a safe, dynamic class.
• Learn to truly teach: our program isn't about memorizing and reciting sequences. Instead an emphasis is placed on teaching principles for clearly instructing students bodies into alignment.
• Find yourself: we give you the space and opportunity to find your own teaching style.
• Global recognition: with a legacy that includes today's yoga leaders and over 10,000 alumni, yogaworks teacher training is respected worldwide.
• Yoga Alliance 5 star rating
Minimum of one year of a consistent yoga practice or equivalent training.
Teacher recommendation form required with application. Download below.
SCHEDULE - postponed until 2021
• Fridays 4:00 pm – 8:00 pm
• Saturdays 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
• Sundays 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
$3200 if paid in full by TBA
$3400 if paid in full by TBA
$3600 if paid in full by TBA
• Tuition must be paid in full by the early registration date to receive the discounted rate.
• Payment plans available off the full price plus a $50 admin fee (50% of tuition must received one week before start date). Contact Yogaworks for more details.
• "In-Training Intern" (ITI) Scholarship deadline TBA. Email Yoga Source to request an application at email@example.com.
• Prerequisite: Minimum of one year of a consistent yoga practice or equivalent training.